Last updated: June 30, 2020
Effective date: July 1, 2020
1. What categories of personal information do we collect on or through the website and how is it collected?
Personal information is and/or may be collected from you in a number of ways, including:
- When you create/update a user account;
- When you subscribe to our email newsletter or mailing list;
- When you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion through the website;
- When you contact customer service by email for any reason (for example, contacting Vida to provide your comments/feedback and/or concerns about current and or previous orders);
- When you communicate with us via third party social media sites;
- When you submit personal information through photos, posts, comments, messages and/or stories for our potential use and/or publication; and
- When you place an order or make a purchase from Vida ecommerce. As part of the buying/selling process, we will collect your full name, billing and shipping addresses, email address, phone number, credit card number, expiration date and potentially other information such as demographic information, gender, birthday or personal interests.
In some instances, you will have to provide a third-party's personal information through the website (for example, if you request that we ship an order to a third-party).
Some of our email communications to you may include a "click-through URL" linked to a particular page on the website. By clicking on such URL, you will automatically enter our website and we may collect information relating to the "click-through". You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on URL links in our email communications.
We may collect aggregate information regarding user behavior to measure interest in and use of our website and promotions. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable and/or anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, types of products purchased, pages you access most frequently or search terms you enter. Aggregate information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by the compiled information. For example, the number of people who visit our website who are 25 years of age is aggregate information that does not personally identify a specific user. Aggregate information may be used to determine patterns and produce demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
2. With what categories of third-party persons or entities may we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with our business partners and with third-party service providers providing services on our behalf. Such services may include operating this website, hosting this website, data hosting, providing the products and services you request through this website, authorization and processing of your payments, product fulfillment, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis, analysis of information for marketing purposes including internet-based advertising, and where applicable, data cleansing.
We may also use third parties, including but not limited to certain advertising intermediaries, to collect your personal information and information regarding your online behavior for the purpose of behavioral tracking and interest-based advertising. Such advertising intermediaries may include advertising networks, advertising exchanges, ad-serving vendors, analytics providers, data brokers, re-targeters, re-marketers and/or market researchers.
In addition, our website uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
We may disclose your personal information to government authorities and to other third parties in any of the following circumstances: (i) when compelled to do so by government authorities; (ii) when required by law in our good faith belief; (iii) in response to a court order or subpoena; (iv) as required in connection with a judicial or government proceeding or legal process; (v) when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of the website, or anyone else; (vi) to verify or enforce compliance with the terms and conditions of use and policies that govern our website; (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by law; or (viii) where we believe it is necessary to investigate or address unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health or safety of a consumer or the general public. Vida cooperates with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property rights and other rights.
3. How is your personal information used?
In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this policy, we may use your personal information to:
- Understand and meet your needs and preferences
- Develop new and enhance existing service and product offerings
- Manage and develop our business and operations
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
For example, personal information collected on or through the website may be used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations, to provide customer service, and to contact you about sales, special offers and new site features and to send you other promotional communications. We may retain personal information as reasonably necessary to appropriately document our business activities and for archival and record retention purposes.
We and/or our third-party service providers and other outside companies may also use your personal information, aggregate information and information gathered from cookies to: measure and determine how visitors use our website; analyze the effectiveness of our website and promotion efforts; improve and optimize our website and the products and services we offer; customize account pages for you; save your password so you do not have to provide it each time you visit the website; track user visits and account features; determine what features and pages are most frequently requested or visited; conduct web analytics; conduct behavioral tracking; create and deliver use-tailored and targeted advertising; improve the performance of our advertising on other websites; predict which products, advertisements and banners may be of most interest to you in the future; show you such products, advertisements and banners on this website and/or third-party sites; and generally enhance your visits to the website and provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
We may on occasion combine information we received through this website with information obtained from other sources and outside records to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you. We and/or our third-party service providers including advertising intermediaries may collect and use your personal information and information regarding your online behavior for the purpose of behavioral tracking to provide you with interest-based advertising (i.e., use-tailored and targeted advertisements). We and these third parties may place cookies and related technologies on certain pages of our website to facilitate the collection of your personal information and information regarding your use of the website, which will enable us to serve you ads based on your past visits and online behavior. For example, we may receive information through your browser when you access the website and/or click on a Vida advertisement or banner displayed on a third-party website. Such information may include technical information about your computer (including your computer's IP address, operating system, browser type and date and time of visit), the pages you view, the features you use, the searches you conduct, the queries you make, the links you click, the purchases you make, the URL of pages you link to from the website and of pages you come from when accessing the website, the third-party websites you have visited or visit later, and the advertisements or banners you click on in order to access the website. We and these third parties may store, analyze and utilize this information for the purpose of predicting which Vida or other Vida products, advertisements and banners may be of most interest to you in the future and providing you with use-tailored advertisements regarding products, services or offers that may be of interest to you. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website. Third parties may show you ads based on your past visits to the website and may show you ads on sites across the internet.
4. What steps are taken to keep your personal information secure?
The security of your information is important to us. The website has technical and security measures in place designed to help protect the personal information we collect about you and to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration, access, disclosure and/or destruction of the personal information under our control. Our server uses SSL (secure sockets layer) security protection by encrypting all of your personal information including credit card number, name and address to prevent individuals from reading this information as it travels over the internet.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to this website. However, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Vida to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, Vida cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
In order to help protect personal information you provide to us, you should (i) not share your password or account information with others, (ii) use a secure web browser, and (iii) change your password frequently. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please contact us.
5. How do you opt-out of receiving promotional communications and/or interest-based advertising?
If you provide us with a wireless number or email address, you agree to receive electronic promotional messages at such number or address from Vida and/or other of our affiliates, unless and until you have elected not to receive such messages.
You may opt-out of receiving such communications in the future by clicking on the opt-out (or unsubscribe) link within any electronic communication you receive from us and otherwise following the instructions in that communication. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
With respect to cookies, most browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Flash player can be set to reject or delete flash cookies.
In some, but not all, instances the website, software services associated with the website and third parties collecting information through the website will follow certain do not track signals or similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
In addition, certain online tools allow consumers to opt-out of certain interest-based advertising. The following links will allow you to opt-out of interest-based advertising (described above) by companies participating in these programs:
Please note that even though you may opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, orders and communications with us. Also, a request to have us stop sharing your personal information with other entities for marketing purposes will only apply as of the date of your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from entities that received your personal information prior to such request. In these cases, you will need to contact that entity directly.
6. How can you access, correct and update your personal information?
7. Your California privacy rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), and other California Privacy Laws, provide California consumers specific rights concerning their personal information, including, the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. This section describes your rights and how you may exercise those rights as well as describes how we, Vida, and third parties handle your personal information. If you choose to exercise these rights, we will not discriminate against you because of it.
You or your authorized agent can request:
- A disclosure of your personal information we collect, use, disclose, or sell;
- To delete your personal information we collect, or maintain;
- To opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
If you choose to submit a request through an authorized agent, we will require proof that the authorized agent has your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. Additionally, we may require you to verify your identity with us through a verification process. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces and categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained. You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request to delete, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. You may submit a request to know, delete, or opt-out, free of charge, by email at email@example.com, ATTN: Webmaster or call customer service at (800)299-6575.
Your request to know or request to delete may be denied for any reason allowable under the CCPA. For example, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it or any other purpose permitted by the CCPA.
Similarly, we may deny requests:
- For specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of that personal information, your account with us, or the security of our systems or networks.
- If your identity cannot be verified to a degree of certainty required by the CCPA.
- From an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on the consumer’s behalf.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill an order.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analytics and development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to opt-out from a sale of your personal information. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and less than 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
8. Children under age of 13.
Our website is a general audience website and is not directed to or intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under 13 prior to verifiable parental consent when legally required. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us via any means. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information via the website or any applications, services or social media platforms associated with the website (collectively, "apps"), make any purchases using the website or apps, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the website or apps, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our customer service department at (212)246-1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A person under 13 who has registered as a user of the website and has posted non-anonymized content to the website may remove such content by contacting us (directly or through a parent or guardian) with such request as set forth above. Please note that such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information from the internet.
The servers that make the website available and that store the information that is collected on or through the website are located in the United States of America. This website is intended for users who are located in the United States, and is hosted and operated in the United States pursuant to United States law. By providing personal information through the use of this website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the united states and other countries and territories.
10. Concerns or questions?
©2020 Vida Shoes International, Inc. All rights reserved. STRIDE RITE® is a trademark of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., used under license.